We harbour innovative companies, advanced universities, state-of-the-art hospitals and hubs in the fields of food, health and energy. The region is an economic hot spot.
Our region is at the heart of one of the most urbanised areas in the world. The accessibility by road, rail and water, in combination with the proximity to airports, is excellent.
- ICE train Amsterdam-Arnhem-Frankfurt.
- Betuweroute railway: Rotterdam-Zevenaar-Germany.
- 3 intercontinental and 8 international airports that you can reach in two hours.
- Excellent opportunities for export thanks to the proximity to Germany.
- Container terminal BCTN Nijmegen.
- Schiphol (75 minutes)
- Düsseldorf (75 minutes)
- Dortmund (90 minutes)
- Eindhoven (60 minutes)
- Brussel (120 minutes)
- Weeze (65 minutes)
Highly educated workforce
Our region has traditionally made a strong contribution to the strength of the Dutch economy, especially in the food, health and energy sectors, and their crossovers.
- According to the Global Innovation Index (GII) 2017, the Netherlands is the third most innovative country in the world
- The region houses attractive campuses that are dynamic as well as innovative
- The region has enough room for your company to grow
- Expat Center Food Valley
- Great living environment (housing, recreation, culture and nature)
- Nijmegen is the European Green Capital 2018