We harbour innovative companies, advanced universities, state-of-the-art hospitals and hubs in the fields of Food, Health and Energy. The region is an economic hot spot.
Our region is at the heart of one of the most urban areas in the world. The accessibility by road, rail and water, in combination with the proximity of airports, is excellent.
- ICE Amsterdam-Arnhem-Frankfurt.
- Betuweroute: Rotterdam-Zevenaar-Germany.
- 3 Intercontinental and 8 international airports with an 2 hours reach.
- Excellent export opportunities due to location next to Germany.
- Container terminal BCTN Nijmegen.
- Schiphol (75 minutes).
- Düsseldorf (75 minutes).
- Dortmund (90 minutes).
- Eindhoven (60 minutes).
- Brussel (120 minutes).
- Weeze (65 minutes).
Highly educated workforce
Our region traditionally makes a strong contribution to the strength of the Dutch economy, mainly in the Food, Health and Energy sectors and the crossovers between them.
- According to the Global Innovation Index (GII) 2017, the Netherlands is the third most innovative country in the world.
- The region has attractive campusses with an dynamic & innovative climate.
- The region has enough physical space for your company to grow.
- Expat Center Food Valley.
- Good living environment (housing, recreation, culture and nature).
- Nijmegen is European Green Capital 2018.